Introduction to MIL-STD-882 Safety Programmes
This course is intended for engineers, engineering managers, safety managers, and contract managers within CASG, prime contractor organisations, and subcontractor organisations.
- Understanding how the MIL-STD-882 process and artefacts fit in with the standard project lifecycle
- Knowing how MIL-STD-882 influences the design of a defence system
- Knowing how to tailor a MIL-STD-882 programme for a MOTS/COTS system, new design, or for a retrospective safety case
- Receiving guidance on the approach to tailoring MIL-STD-882 for different programmes
- Having an appreciation of the level of effort and resources required for different MIL-STD-882 programmes
- Understanding how to incorporate a supplier’s analysis into an overarching safety programme
- An introduction to MIL-STD-882C/D/E
- MIL-STD-882 General Requirements
- MIL-STD-882 Detailed Tasks
- Tailoring of MIL-STD-882 Detailed Tasks
- Combining Subcontractor’s Analysis with an Overarching Safety Programme
About the Course Instructor: Andrew Vaughan
Andrew is the Engineering Manager within BMT Design & Technology with previous maritime defence roles as Chief Engineer and Safety Engineering Manager for a leading defence prime. He holds an MSc in Safety Critical Systems Engineering and has extensive systems and safety engineering experience working within complex maritime engineering and military aerospace projects; ranging from multi-billion dollar programs to short notice rapid prototyping activities.
He has a broad understanding across multiple technical disciplines, throughout the product lifecycle, with experience in balancing customer needs and risks within regulatory environments to deliver informed pragmatic decisions.
Andrew has provided the leadership, management and oversight of multiple safety programmes and conduct of all system safety activities throughout the project engineering lifecycle associated with design, development, integration, operation and in-service maintenance support.
Andrew's Areas of Expertise
- System Safety Engineering
- Safety Case Development
- TUV Qualified Functional Safety Engineer
- Design Certification
- Systems Assurance
- Engineering Governance
The Royal Institution of Naval Architects Corporate Partner
None, apart from a basic understanding of systems and safety engineering lifecycle concepts.
$1050 Inc. GST. Lunch & Course Materials provided.
Enquire for group enrolment pricing
Have a question? Contact Us
Tel: +61 (0)3 8620 6186