Our experienced engineers provide services in the following areas:
- Safety case development;
- Regulatory compliance;
- Risk assessment and hazard analysis;
- Development of safety management processes and reporting systems;
- Prime contractor safety management; and
- Assistance in the development of policy and guidance.
BMT Design & Technology tailors processes and standards to the specific needs of each client.
BMT has experience in many of the current industry standard tools including:
- Adelard Safety Case Editor;
- BMT Design & Technology Hazard Log Software (SHARP; HARMS);
Case Study - CANBERRA Class Amphibious Assault Ship
BMT is working with Amphibious Deployment and Sustainment (ADAS), Project office in supporting the development of safety requirements and a Safety Management System for the two Amphibious Assault (LHD) ships. To prepare the LHDs for Initial Operational Release (IOR) and for Operational Release (OR), BMT is assisting the ADAS Project Office through the:
- Objective review of safety deliverables from the Prime Contractor and other organisations;
- Hazard analysis and production of safety-related integration data for JP2048 watercraft, embarked crew, embarked forces and those aspects of public safety affected by the LHDs; and
- Conduct of safety management for JP 2048 Phase 4A/4B.
For general enquiries relating to Safety Management, please contact Tim Crawford
Assurance Services Lead
BMT Design & Technology